Premium and zen. Slow Feeds is great for those times when you want to make sure you don't miss out on those low volume sources in your RSS feeds. If you choose to upgrade to the full version of Slow Feeds, you'll gain access to other sections like high volume feeds, hot links, and images. But if you don't plan to upgrade, then you can activate the Zen mode and hide those items in the tab bar for a clutter-free experience with your low volume sites.
Focus on the slow. Over time, you may subscribe to dozens or even hundreds of sources in your RSS reader. Most of these sites will be posting dozens of articles a day, but what about those blogs that you follow that only have about one post a week or month or every blue moon? They can get lost amongst the endless stream of news. Fortunately, Slow Feeds singles out those low volume sites and makes sure you don't miss a thing from them. See your RSS in a new way.
What is it about?
Slow Feeds is a completely different take on the traditional RSS news reader. Just import your existing RSS service account into Slow Feeds (such as Feedly, NewsBlur, Feed Wrangler, and more) and the app singles out all of your low-volume feeds so that you can not miss them in the typical daily river of breaking news. This makes it possible to keep up with those blogs that perhaps do a post once a month or so. The interface of Slow Feeds is elegant and simple, so it is a pleasure to read in. If you opt for the full version of Slow Feeds, then you get full access to all features, such as high-volume feeds, starred items, hot links, and more. In a world of sites that post dozens of articles a day, sometimes it's nice to just slow down and relax with qualtiy over quantity.
For those who...
- Subscribe to low volume RSS feeds and want to make sure they don't miss a thing
- Want a break from the typical stream of news
Not for those who...
- Prefer to subscribe to only high volume sites
- Want a full RSS reader experience
Why we love it
Slow Feeds is a simple and clean app that makes it possible to make sure that you don't miss those low volume blogs in your RSS feeds.
Slow Feeds is FREE but there are more add-ons
Slow Feeds 4 Full Version
App Store Description
Stop worrying and just subscribe to all the RSS feeds you like.
Slow Feeds singles out your low-volume RSS subscriptions, so you don't have to.
Don't miss posts
- Low volume feeds won't be drowned out by the river of news.
- You will see your leisurely blogging friends monthly post in Slow Feeds.
Don't worry about subscriptions
- You won't have to worry about subscribing. If it's too much, it won't clog up Slow Feeds.
- To let you go even further into the not-worrying-about-subscriptions zone, Slow Feeds ignores all folders and tags completely. Seriously.
- Syncs with BazQux Reader, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, FeedHQ, Feedly and NewsBlur
- Syncs with custom hosts running a feed service compatible with the Feedbin, NewsBlur or Google Reader API
- Subscribe to RSS feeds from anywhere with the Slow Feeds iOS extension
- Background Fetch
- Mark articles as read/unread, starred/unstarred
If you upgrade to the full version (via one-time In-App-Purchase), Slow Feeds will give you even more ways to experience your feed subscriptions:
- High Volume feeds
- Starred items
- Hot Links: Analyze posts to find commonly linked webpages
- Images: Show all article images as one combined gallery
- You can add and remove subscriptions
- You can manually overrule the Slow Feeds/High Volume categorization per feed
- x-callback-url compatible service to subscribe to feeds or websites
- You can have multiple RSS reader accounts
If you already bought the upgrade, or the full version before it was free, but don't have the features, go to "Upgrade" in the app's Settings and try "Restore Purchases".