March 4, 2014
Foursaken Media, the acclaimed developer behind Heroes and Castles and Monster Adventures, is set to launch its latest potential hit, Block Fortress War. As we reported last January, and as suggested by its title, Block Fortress War is the sequel to Foursaken Media's Block Fortress, which has been described as a Minecraft-esque tower defense game and first-person shooter hybrid. But while Block Fortress War also looks inspired by Mojang's popular sandbox game and offers a take on tower defense, it doesn't include first-person shooting action. Not to worry, though, since Block Fortress War is itself a mixture of block building, tower defense, and real-time strategy. Take a look at its trailer: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The upcoming game is set in the Blockverse, a blocky alternate dimension where five alien factions have been waging war against one another. It summons you to:
- Play as one of five races, each with their own unique troops, heroes, and blocks.
- Choose to control one of over a dozen heroes, each with different strengths, weaknesses, weapons, and abilities.
- Customize your army from a huge selection of equipment for each race.
- Build elaborate and powerful defenses by placing blocks, turrets, bombs, and more.
- Fight your way through a massive campaign on five different planets.
- Battle your friends and climb the leaderboards in 1v1 or 2v2 multiplayer, powered by GameCenter.
According to a recent tweet by Foursaken Media, Block Fortress War is scheduled to hit the App Store on Thursday, March 6. Block Fortress War is already the second iOS game release from Foursaken Media. Just a couple of weeks ago, the studio launched Bug Heroes 2, the sequel to its popular insect-infested action-adventure strategy game Bug Heroes.
Don't forget - Block Fortress: War coming out this Thursday!— Foursaken Media (@FoursakenMedia) March 3, 2014
Heroes and Castles
Minecraft – Pocket Edition
Bug Heroes 2