NewsBlur, the popular RSS reader app for iPhone and iPad, has just been updated to version 4.0 with several significant enhancements.
For iPad, NewsBlur 4.0 features a revamped dashboard, which includes All Site Stories for quick and easy access to stories. It also adds support for swiping to dismiss the original story view.
For both iPhone and iPad, the update adds support for even more gestures. Now, you can set actions for when you double-tap a story, two-finger double-tap, long-press a feed or folder, and long-press a story title. In addition, it brings new sharing controls that work with Facebook, Twitter, email, text, Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, App.Net, Pinboard, OmniFocus, Safari, Chrome, and AirDrop.
NewsBlur 4.0 also includes the following changes:
- Inline images show a preview of the story in the story title.
- Inline descriptions show a preview of the story's content in the story title.
- Improved landscape support for the iPad app.
- Improved video support: videos are now fit better for each device.
- Numerous bugs fixed resulting in speed improvements and cleaned up code.
NewsBlur is featured in AppAdvice's RSS Readers For The iPad AppGuide.
See also: Magazine-Like Feed Reader App Ziner Updated To Version 2.1 With New Features, Unread RSS Reader App Gets First Update, Gains New Options And Lots Of Fixes, and ReadKit Gains Individual Account Preferences, Custom Keyboard Shortcuts And More.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]