Skype for Mac 7.0 introduces a refreshingly new design, which is in line with the look and feel of the soon to be released OS X Yosemite and in accordance with the visual style of Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad.
Most notably, the updated Mac app includes a new side-by-side interface that allows you to call, chat, share files, and do more all in the same screen.
Check out Skype for Mac 7.0 in action in the promo video below, which features AppyParking cofounder Dan Hubert and his fellow Skypers (including his dog):
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Skype for Mac 7.0 also includes the following features and fixes:
- Support for large emoticons
- Your Favorites conversations now “roam” and sync on supported platforms
- Support for limited instant message formatting
- Fixed occasional post-call crash
- Fixed login crash that could happen on Retina laptops with an external screen
- Fixed crash when closing a window that was being shared
- Fixed sidebar pictures sometimes not loading
- Can now change group chat picture
See also: Microsoft updates OneDrive for iOS with support for passcode, Touch ID, iPhone 6 and more, Siri is lost and needs some reminding in new Nokia ads featuring Microsoft’s Cortana, and Microsoft updates Bing app with new Today widget and translation extension in iOS 8.