Perhaps the biggest change brought about by the latest update to Twitterrific is the addition of a new option for large image previews in the timeline, as in the app’s chief competitor in the third-party Twitter app space, Tweetbot. You can switch between large and small image previews in the theme settings panel.
In the theme settings panel, there’s also a new font option called Zosimo, in addition to Helvetica, Avenir, Proxima Nova, Signika, Museo Slab, and Calluna.
The new version of Twitterrific also includes the following improvements:
- Today view automatically refreshes when receiving new notifications
- Return to Twitterrific from Chrome using the browser’s back button
- Two-finger double-tap on a tweet in VoiceOver to view a discussion
- Links saved using the share sheets now have more accurate titles
- Various font and avatar sizing tweaks in timeline
- Various speed enhancements
- Fixed an issue with some links crashing the application
- Dark theme at night setting has moved to the theme panel
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 8.0 or later, Twitterrific is available on the App Store for free, with in-app purchases offered for unlocking additional features.
See also: Horizon update brings iOS 8 extension and optimization for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Instagram users can now edit captions and more with a new update, and Crop on the Fly is an app that will solve your Vertical Video Syndrome woes.