XCOM: Enemy Within has just been unleashed by 2K on the App Store.
XCOM: Enemy Within is an expansion to the strategy wargaming simulator XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which was released on iOS in June last year. But instead of being an in-game expansion pack, it’s available as a standalone expansion game.
XCOM: Enemy Within features the core gameplay of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, but it does so with additional content, including new soldier abilities, new weapons, new enemies, and more:
- New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered.
- New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
- New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
Check out the launch trailer for XCOM: Enemy Within:
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Touted as “a graphically rich game with advanced features,” it’s compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini 3.
See also: You need to be quick and twist your way to the top of the charts in TwistiX, a fast-paced arcade game, Is your willpower strong enough to Break the Grid? Find out in this challenging puzzle game, and Mr. Particle-Man is a fantastic homage to classic, old-school arcade games.