While we’re all about apps and iOS devices here at AppAdvice, we haven’t forgotten about the Mac. Here are some great Mac accessories you’ll definitely want to take a look at.
This External Hard Drive Can Act as Your Personal Cloud Storage
There's no need to worry about cloud storage with the WD My Cloud Home. Plugging into your Wi-Fi router, you can access the drive and its content virtually anywhere. It's TimeMachine compatible to backup your Mac. Along with the web, you can access the drive using a companion iOS app. The drive itself also has a USB port so you can plug in another drive or USB flash drive to import data.
- Models available with up to 16TB of storage.
- Access the drive at any time on your iOS device or the web.
This Keyboard's Touch Sensitive Dial Provides a New Way to Interact with Content
Made for both the Mac and PC, the headlining feature of the CRAFT is a creative input dial called the crown. Located in the upper left corner, the touch-sensitive dial can activate specific features depending on what is being worked on. Along with program-specific actions, you can also adjust volume, change desktops, and navigate between apps. The Crown can also be used for one specific function in your other apps.
- Mac users can customize options in Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC and Adobe Premiere.
- Features backlit keys that automatically adjust brightness depending on the surroundings.
This Rugged Case Won't Weigh Your MacBook Down
The unique styling of the UAG Ice Case will help your MacBook stand out in a crowd. Sporting armor shell and impact resistant bumpers, the case meets military drop test standards and should help protect your laptop while on the go. A dual-lock and secure screen closure will make sure a MacBook doesn’t open accidentally in your bag or elsewhere.
- Dual-lock screen closure will ensure the laptop won't open in your bag.
- Meets military-grade drop test standards.
- Available for a number of other MacBook models as well.
A Universal Stand that can Fit an MacBook or Even an iPad
A great way to save space on a cluttered desk and protect your expensive electronics, the Satechi Vertical Laptop Stand is perfect for any MacBook or even an iPad. It can adjust anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches thick to accommodate pretty much any device. Rubberized grips inside the stand help protect the laptop or tablet from scratches. The stand also helps promote airflow to keep a laptop cool.
- Available in three different color choices.
- Can fit both laptops and tablets.
This Kevlar Protected Cable Should Stand the Test of Time
For anyone with a newer MacBook Pro or the 12-inch MacBook, an additional USB-C cable is a necessity. And it’s hard to go wrong with the Belkin Mixit Duratek Kevlar USB-C Cable. Made from Kevlar, the cable isn’t bulletproof, but still should be able to handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.
- Four different colors available.
- Backed by a 5-year warranty.
A Spacious Backpack Featuring Tons of Compartments and Sleeves
The Incase Icon Backpack checks off all the boxes when looking for a comfortable, spacious backpack that will stand the test of time. It's designed to hold 15-inch MacBook, an iPad, and pretty much anything you can think of. Padded straps and a comfortable rear section make it a snap to carry your items.
- Can hold up to a 15-inch MacBook.
- Features a special pocket specially designed for an iPad.
- Padded sleeves help protect expensive electronics while traveling.
This Smaller Messenger Bag is Perfect for Carrying a Laptop and More.
If you're looking for a smaller bag that can still hold a laptop and other essentials, Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Messenger Bag definitely fits the bill. Up to a 15-inch laptop fits in the padded, fleece-lined sleeve. There is also room for other essentials including a key clip. There is even an exterior pocket for quick access to items.
- Cross-body strap can be removed.
- Fits up to a 15-inch laptop in a padded sleeve.
- Waterproof zippers help protect the bag's contents.
Mac and Windows Compatible
The patented ergonomic shape supports your hand in an upright neutral posture that eliminates forearm twisting. Many users said the Evoluent VerticalMouse provides superior comfort and even relieved their wrist pain.
- The tiny 2.4 GHz receiver avoids being knocked off the side of a notebook computer
- Mouse Manager software enables configuring five buttons for performing many actions without moving the mouse or touching the keyboard
- A pointer speed button behind the wheel allows convenient adjustment without even changing your grip on the mouse. Top mounted LEDs indicate selected pointer speed from low to high
This Speaker Set Can Even Pair with Your iOS Devices
The Logitech MX Sound 2.0 Stereo Speakers can provide up to 24 watts of peak power. You can easily pair other Bluetooth devices or adjust volume with the motion activated and backlit touch controls. Along with Bluetooth, there are two 3.5mm inputs and even a headphone jack.
- Easily switch between a desktop and Bluetooth device.
- Pair up to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously.
Perfect for Lefties and Righties
The Penclic R3 ambidextrous wireless mouse connects seamlessly to your Mac or PC using a USB dongle. The symmetrical three button design is perfect for both lefties and righties.
- Operates on almost any surface without any pad or tablet
- Implements a 3-buttons and scroll wheel mouse
- USB Connection
An Elegant Stand Designed to Elevate Your iMac
HiRise is an elegant iMac stand designed to elevate your iMac or Apple Display to your optimal viewing height for a more comfortable and ergonomic workstation. It has an internal metal support shelf that lets you adjust the height of your Mac in one of six internal positions and is over-engineered to securely support any iMac or Apple Display. HiRise also creates a hidden storage compartment that’s perfect for stashing hard drives and cables, or your wallet and keys.
- Lifts your screen higher.
- Creates hidden storage for hard drives and hubs.
- Adjustable shelf supports your iMac from inside.
These Active Noise Canceling Headphones are Perfect for Home or on the Go
Active noise canceling headphones don’t have to weigh you down. The AKG N60NC wireless on-ear headphones provide a sound that’s deep in bass and rich on the mid range. A button on the ear cup provides quick access to music playback controls. And when done, they can fold up for easy storage.
- Built-in battery provides up to 15 hours of music playback.
- Made for travel with a flat-foldable design and accessories including an airline adapter, tangle-free fabric cable, and carrying case.
Expand Your USB-C Port on Your MacBook Pro
The HooToo Shuttle 3.1 Type C-Hub is an ultra-thin Mac-style USB-C Hub that offers a USB-C charging port, HDMI 4K output, three USB 3.0 ports and an SD card slot for simultaneous charging.
- Charge your laptop while connecting multiple peripherals and transferring data.
- Connect keyboard, mouse, thumb drive to laptop, and access files from an SD card reader.