Now’s the perfect time to buy some smart light bulbs.
One of the first products to arrive on the smart home market were smart lighting solutions. The first of these, Philips Hue, launched in 2012. Since then, the market has continued to grow as technology has improved. Whether you’re looking to change the colors of your lights using a smart device or hoping to lower your energy costs, the following smart lighting solutions will address your needs.
A Simple and Hands-Free System for Controlling Your Lights
When you're ready to jump into smart lighting for the first time, consider this starter kit from the biggest name in the industry. These are white-only lights. However, once you install this kit, you can add up to 100 other Philips Hue lights (including the color packs) too. These work with Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit.
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Starter kit includes 2 soft white LED light bulbs and a bridge that wirelessly connects up to 50 lights
- The bridge enables you to control your lights from your smart device via the Philips Hue App
A Smart Bulb That Automatically Responds to Changes in Your Environment
Unlike other solutions on our list, Stack lights automatically respond to changes in your environment’s ambient light and time. In doing so, the lights adjust brightness and color temperature without your intervention. The result is refreshing new take on what smart lighting is all about.
- Support circadian wellness with automatic color temperature shifting from 2700k
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control
- 30,000 hours of use
The Easiest Smart Bulb with No Hub or Extra Hardware Required
The LIFX Wi-Fi smart LED light bulb is an adjustable, multicolor, dimmable smart bulb. It produces 1100 lumens, 16 million colors and 1000 shades of warm to cool whites and it can all be controlled right from your smartphone or even using Alexa. The best part is that it requires no hub whatsoever. Just install and you're ready to go.
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Easy to set up, built-in Wi-Fi
- no hub required
- equivalent to 75W bulb
- Works with Nest and SmartThings
The No Fuss Light Bulb
The GE Link Connected LED is an attractive, affordable smart bulb that could push smart lighting to a new level of adoption. It's available in A19, BR30, and PAR38 sizes.
- Available in multiple sizes
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Samsung SmartThings
- Provides 800 lumens of light output and 2700K Soft White appearance
Light Spaces in New, Creative Ways
With the Philips Hue Go Light, you can transform your home with high-quality white and colored light. Play with 16 million colors and 50 thousand shades of white. Sync your lights with music, TV, and games for an immersive effect. It's pretty awesome.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required)
- Full control from your smart device for extended features and light recipes
- Natural dynamic effects
- enhance your special moment with living light
- Experience millions of colors and white light with 300-lumen output
- Smart battery management for maximum freedom and portability
- up to 3 hours of battery life
The One With a Speaker Built In
Don't call the Sengled Pulse a light bulb. Rather, it's a JBL Bluetooth speaker system built into a bulb. Turn it on. Turn it up. Have lots of fun.
- Available in pewter, candy apple, and white
- Simply screw into any standard E26 light socket or fixture, no wires needed
- Up to eight Pulse bulbs can be linked together and they can be connected to subwoofers and TVs via the Pulse Amp and Pulse Link adapters (sold separately)
The Lights That Change To the Beats of Your Music
The Ilumi collection consists of A19, BR30 flood lights, and BR30 outdoor flood lights. Add ilumi LED smart light bulbs to your home and take control of your lighting. Simply connect the bulbs with no hub or bridge required. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit every lighting function in your home.
- Simply connect the bulbs with no hub or bridge required.
- Offers multiple color themes and presets
- Works with iOS and Android devices