This was a week 40 years in the making, as Apple celebrated a huge anniversary. It was also the week the iPhone SE arrived. Here’s a look back at the week that was.
Top news stories
The Pirates of Silicon Valley
All about the iPhone SE
The 4-inch iPhone SE arrived in stores this week. The anticipated iFixit teardown revealed what most expected: the handset includes components from the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s.
Are you in the market for an iPhone? Walmart can probably help.
For more on the iPhone SE launch, see:
Happy 40th, Apple
On April 1, Apple celebrated its 40th anniversary. On that day, the company flew a flag steeped in history. In honor of a famous saying by Steve Jobs, “It’s better to be a pirate than join the navy,” a Jolly Roger flag was hoisted above 1 Infinite Loop. Apple celebrated the day with a traditional Beer Bash outside of Apple’s soon-to-be-retired Cupertino campus.
On the App Store
Nintendo comes to iOS
Other apps and games making news:
Games in Review
Each week, Christine Chan reviews new App Store titles
This week’s reviews feature the Powerpuff Girls, a Good Knight Story, and more:
- Super Arc Light is an intense and challenging twitchy shooter
- Get selective with your photo filters in Filteract
- Plunge and spin to the goal in Drop Flip, a physics puzzler
- It’s time to save Townsville yet again in Powerpuff Girls: Flipped Out
- Match, battle and laugh through a charming Good Knight Story
Reviewed this week
Looking for a case for your new iPhone SE? We’ve got you covered with our list of the top 10 cases for the 4-inch handset.
Other accessory news:
- Satechi unveils aluminum charging stands for Lightning devices and Apple Watch
- The B&W P7 headphones remain among the best on the market
- Ultimate Ears successfully merges music and art
- Bad news, WeMo owners: Belkin puts HomeKit compatibility plans ‘on hold’
- Inateck offers an Apple Smart Case knockoff for less