As the world of internet-connected devices continues to grow, more interesting and amazing smart home devices are starting to pop up. From voice-activated speakers to smart bulbs, there’s plenty of things to make our homes smarter and our lives easier. Here’s a collection of the best smart home devices to take your home to the next level.
The Only Thermostat that Works with Apple's HomeKit
Without question, the headline feature of the Ecobee3 is the use of remote sensors, which serve two functions: first, they tell the Ecobee when a person is in a room, and second, and perhaps more importantly, they communicate to the thermostat what the temperature of that room is. This means it has finer control as to which rooms are hot or which rooms are cold, something that other smart thermostats cannot do. And because you can add up to 32 sensors, this means that Ecobee3 is going to be the best at learning the temperature and habits of the people living in your house.
- The world's first HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Purchase more sensors for more control in other rooms
- Intuitively understands when to turn on your heating or cooling equipment based on your home's unique energy profile, the weather outside, and thousands of other data points
- Saves homeowners an average of 23% annually, paying for itself in energy savings
A Versatile Wire or Wireless HD Security Camera
The Canary Flex is the first and only indoor and outdoor, weatherproof, HD security camera that can be used wire-free or plugged in. It can also learn and adapt to provide a more intelligent and personalized experience. That, plus the creative and different mounts make this product one of the best security cameras you can buy.
- Beautiful Design
- HD camera with night vision
- Weatherproof for outdoor use
- Extended-life rechargeable battery
- Crystal clear audio
- Wi-Fi enabled, no hubs, no hassles
- 360º magnetic swivel base
Enable Your Smart Home with a Clock
LaMetric Time tracks time, weather, emails, calendar events, tweets, followers, news, deadlines and any other metric needed for your home or business, and displays them almost in real-time! It works as an always-on display for the whole family by showing notifications from smart home devices and allowing anyone to control them with the click of a button.
- Always get precise time and show your difference with thousands of clock faces
- Track weather, emails, events, tweets, followers, news, deadlines and other metrics in real-time
- Get notifications from Netatmo, Alexa. Toggle Philips Hue, WeMo with the click. Works with IFTTT
- Wake up to your favorite internet radio stations, stream music to stereo speakers via Bluetooth
- Standalone Wi-Fi device, iPhone or android smartphone is needed for configuration only
A Smart Lightning Strip to Accent Your Home
LIFX Z is the lighting strip that uses Wi-Fi to create the perfect light for you at any moment. A simple-to-use app allows you to fine tune your lighting experience; control your entire strip or select colors for addressable zones - the choice is yours.
- 2 meters of zoned lighting
- Easy set-up, no extra hardware
- Incredible color, millions of possibilities
- Warm and cool white range
- Lasts up to 22.8 years
- Works with Alexa
Your Smartphone is Now a Smart Key
The August Smart Lock is a great way to make the lock you currently have installed just a little bit smarter. The auto-unlock feature allows you to set up your lock so that when you or someone you trust comes home, the door will simply auto-unlock for them. Nore more fiddling to find your keys! It also provides you with a log of who's come in and who's come as well as the ability to send people a one-time access link to entry your house.
- Locks and unlocks your door with your smartphone
- Lets you control who has access and when, from anywhere
- Knows who enters/exits with 24/7 activity log
- Compatible with most standard deadbolts
A Complete Security System in a Single Device
Not only is Canary the smartest home security solution on the market, it’s also the simplest. Just set Canary on a shelf or table, plug it in, and connect it to the internet using the iPhone or Android app. The best part is that there's no contracts or required monthly fees and free cloud storage.
- Stream real-time video of your home with Canary's 1080p HD camera, 147 degree wide-angle lens, automatic night vision, and high-quality audio
- Protect your home with Canary's 90+ dB siren, motion-activated recording, auto-arm/disarm, and instant access to local authorities
- Monitor air quality, temperature, and humidity to help understand how your home might affect your health
- Receive instant video alerts on your iOS or Android device
- No Installation/Contracts/Monthly Fees Required
The Easiest Smart Bulb with No Hub or Extra Hardware Required
The LIFX Wi-Fi smart LED light bulb is an adjustable, multicolor, dimmable smart bulb. It produces 1100 lumens, 16 million colors and 1000 shades of warm to cool whites and it can all be controlled right from your smartphone or even using Alexa. The best part is that it requires no hub whatsoever. Just install and you're ready to go.
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Easy to set up, built-in Wi-Fi
- no hub required
- equivalent to 75W bulb
- Works with Nest and SmartThings
Monitor Who's At Your Door No Matter Where You Are
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro has a motion-activated camera, a two-way audio, and brilliant HD video, so you’ll never miss a visitor again. See, hear and speak to whoever is at your door in real time from your smartphone, tablet or desktop. Day or night, rain or shine—you’re always home.
- Connects to existing doorbell wiring (wiring required), so you never have to charge a battery
- Get instant alerts when visitors press the button on your doorbell or trigger motion sensors
- Watch over your home in crystal-clear 1080p HD video
- Protect your home day or night with infrared night vision
- Live View enabled: Check-in on your property at any time with video on demand
A HomeKit-Enabled Smart In-Wall Lightning Kit
Controlling lights, shades, and temperature from a mobile device or with Siri’s help has never been easier or more reliable. The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge allows for setup, control and monitoring from your iPhone, iPad, and even your Apple Watch. It’s also Apple HomeKit-enabled and works with Siri.
- Works with Siri and Amazon Alexa for voice control
- Provides simple and personalized control of your lights, shades, and temperature
- Schedule lights to turn on at specific times; enable the time clock feature to automatically adjust lights for fall/spring time changes
- Included Smart bridge supports up to 50 devices and works with Alexa, Homekit, Ecobee, Nest, Sonos, and more
Light Spaces in New, Creative Ways
With the Philips Hue Go Light, you can transform your home with high-quality white and colored light. Play with 16 million colors and 50 thousand shades of white. Sync your lights with music, TV, and games for an immersive effect. It's pretty awesome.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required)
- Full control from your smart device for extended features and light recipes
- Natural dynamic effects
- enhance your special moment with living light
- Experience millions of colors and white light with 300-lumen output
- Smart battery management for maximum freedom and portability
- up to 3 hours of battery life
A Beautiful Outdoor Lamp that Doubles as a Security Camera
Night or day, Kuna’s smart outdoor security camera system detects movement at your door and sends actionable alerts to your iOS device, allowing you to safely take action using Kuna’s lights(s), HD live video feed, two-way intercom, prerecorded deterrent messages, and 100+ decibel siren.
- Two-way intercom: safely hear and talk to people outside your home anytime
- Activity alerts: receive actionable notifications on your mobile device
- Outdoor siren: manually deter unwanted visitors with a 100+ decibel siren
- DIY easy install: 15 min setup, no wires and no need to replace batteries
24/7 Security No Matter Where You Are
The Nest Cam Outdoor is well-designed, waterproof and easy-to-install security camera. You can install it over the front door and watch who comes and goes or you can mount it outside the garage to keep an eye on the driveway. It produces clear images and you can monitor everything right from your smartphone, making it one of the best outdoor cameras you can buy.
- 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in crisp 1080p HD, day and night
- When Nest Cam Outdoor detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event
- Weatherproof camera, cable, and adapter, so you can leave it out in the rain
- Built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app
- Simple DIY installation
Turn Your Electronics On or Off From Anywhere
The Belkin Wi-Fi enabled Wemo Switch lets you turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere. It uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of TVs, lamps, stereos, heaters, fans and more. Simply download the free Wemo App, plug the switch into an outlet in your home, and plug any device into the switch. You can even us it with Alexa!
- Works with Nest Thermostat so your lights and appliances “know” when you’re home or away, and respond automatically
- Plug in a Wemo Switch, download the free app, and start controlling your lights and appliances from anywhere
A Beautiful, Well-Designed Smart Thermostat
A beautiful, well-designed smart thermostat that learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a seven days. It also shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History and every month in your Home Report.
- Learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week
- Automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop
- Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control
Know What's In The Air You Breathe
Do you know what's in the air you're breathing? Truth is, indoor air can be 5x more polluted than outside, affecting allergies, asthma, eczema, sleep, and much more. Awair tracks toxins in your air and gives you recommendations to help you keep it clean and safe. Awair gives you the knowledge you need to improve your indoor environment and take control.
- Tracks Toxins and Chemicals, Dust, CO2, Humidity and Temperature
- Provides actionable insights and personalized tips
- Made from natural materials, including 100% North American Walnut timber
- Connects with Nest, Alexa, and IFTTT
- Works with iPhone iOS and Android
Watch, Talk to and Play with Your Pets in Real Time
Are you a pet owner that's always wondering what your little buddy is doing while you're away at work? Never wonder again because the PetCube is here to not only provide you 24/7 surveillance, but it also provides built-in lasers for entertainment. Wow, just wow.
- Real-time 1080p HD video with a 138-degree wide-angle view, night vision, and 3x digital zoom
- Two-way audio to talk to and hear your pet
- Built-in laser toy controlled from your phone or set to autoplay mode to regularly play and exercise your pet
- Easy setup via the free Petcube app for iOS and Android
- No monthly fees required
A Hands-Free Way To Control Your Home
The Amazon Echo Dot is the little brother of the Amazon Echo, a voice-controlled speaker that lets you accomplish an array of tasks from controlling your locks and lights to asking a random question about a game or the weather. It works incredibly well because it has 7 (!) microphones and it's perfect if you already have a nice speaker at home because it can connect to it via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm headphone jack. For $50, you can't go wrong.
- A hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones
A Beautiful Spy Camera to Protect Your Family
Security cameras come in all shapes and sizes. This one is especially nice since it hides in a beautiful design. By default, the camera takes a series of motion detected pictures, in the daytime and nighttime. The camera deletes older files, making room for new ones when the SD memory card becomes full. The user can modify camera functions and parameters in a text file of an SD memory card.
- Based on 16 megapixels (4608 x 3456 pixels) Canon PowerShot camera adaptable CCD sensor
- 5 – 12 mm focal length (zoom) wide angle lens
- Standalone outdoor design with 128 GB SD memory card
A Simple and Hands-Free System for Controlling Your Lights
The Phillips Hue LED Starter Kit could not be easier to set up and use, especially if you have an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. Simply plug the included starter into your WiFi router, install your light bulbs and download the app. It's as simple as that. You can also automate your lights completely to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Starter kit includes 2 soft white LED light bulbs and a bridge that wirelessly connects up to 50 lights
- The bridge enables you to control your lights from your smart device via the Philips Hue App
A Voice-Activated Speaker Powered by Google Assistant
Imagine if Siri was built into a speaker. That's what Google Home is. You can use your voice to request music, get answers from Google and manage everyday tasks. It works with Android and of course iOS, and it's capable of controlling compatible smart home devices such as Chromecast or Nest.
- Play tunes from services like YouTube Music, Google Play Music, Pandora, and Spotify
- Get answers to things you want to know including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- With your permission, Google Home can help you with things like your commute and flight information
- Ask Google Home to stream videos to your TV with Chromecast or to turn up your Nest thermostat
A Smart, Beautiful Ceiling Fan with HomeKit Integration
The Signal Wifi Ceiling Fan features Wi-Fi as well as HomeKit integration so that you can control it from anywhere using the company's free mobile app. If you need to cool down and you want a state-of-the-art ceiling fan, this is your best bet.
- Includes integrated light kit with Cased White glass
- Mounting system allows for standard or angled mounting
- 4.5" downrod included to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement
- Limited Lifetime Motor Warranty is backed by the only company with over 125 years in the fan business
- Includes Fan/Light Handheld Remote Control