After years of hoping, the Apple’s latest iPhone models – the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus – all support wireless charging. While Apple’s AirPower pad won’t arrive until sometime in 2018, here are some great Qi-compatible wireless charging pads you can use with all three iPhone models.
Start Charging Instantly
One of the wireless chargers mentioned during Apple's iPhone X media event, Belkin's Boost Up is compatible with cases up to 3mm thick. An embossed ring of the charging pad easily indicates where to place your phone. A green LED light will indicate when your phone is charging.
- Charges through most cases up to 3mm thick.
- LED indicator will let you know when the device is charging.
A Qi-Charger with a Beautiful Look
Grovemade is well-known for its beautiful accessories, and its Wireless Charging Pad is no exception. The top of the charger is covered with soft cork to provide a soft spot for an iPhone. On the bottom is stainless steel base to provide heft and keep the charger secure on your desk. The charging cord is adjustable from 9 inches to more than 5 feet.
- Available in a dark and light version.
- The charging cord length is adjustable.
A Colorful Way to Charge Your Phone While Still Viewing the Screen
Instead of placing your phone on a flat surface, the Tylt Vu is a charger with a 45-degree viewing angle. You can place a phone in either portrait or landscape view while charging. You can select from a black, blue, red, or green version.
- Can place your phone in both portrait or landscape orientation.
- Available in four different colors.
Charge and Charge Again
Use this wireless hub to charge up to five devices at once. Use the wireless top to charge your iPhone 8 or iPhone X; use the four USB ports hidden below to charge everything else.
- Backside features four USB ports and a cable routing passage for clean cable management
- High power output
- LED charging indicators
- Ambient light sensor dims LED's at night
This Inexpensive Charging Pad is Backed by a Great Warranty
Popular accessory maker Anker offers an inexpensive way to wirelessly charge up your iPhone. A special temperature control function will only activate at 107 degrees Fahrenheit to protect your iPhone. LED indicator lights will let you know when it's ready to charge, charging, and when your device is completely topped off. It’s also backed by an 18-month warranty.
- LED indicator lights will let you know when your iPhone is charging and when complete.
- 18-month warranty.
A Portable Charging Pad to Power Up Anywhere
QiStone+ is a Qi charging pad for on the go. It also acts as a 4,000mAH portable battery so you can top off your iPhone anywhere. When the battery runs out, just place it on any charging pad. A built-in USB port also allows users to charge another device at the same time.
- Features a 4,000 mAH battery.
- Along with a battery, can be used as a charging pad when needed.
A Wireless Charger Built for Any Apple Fan
Another great inexpensive option, Satechi's Fast Wireless Charger is available in four different colors familiar to Apple device owners - gold, silver, space gray, and rose gold. LED lights will indicate when the device is charging and when it is complete.
- Available in four Apple-like colors
- gold, silver, space gray, and rose gold.
- Blue LED indicates the device is charging. It turns green when complete.
This Qi Charger is Great for Families with an iPhone and Android Devices
The Ghost Qi from Incipio can provide up to 5 watts of powers to any compatible iPhone and up to 15 watts to Fast Charging capable Android phones. The matte black, rubber frame will help make sure that your phone stays put when charging.
- Can charge all Qi-enabled smartphones.
- Rubber frame makes sure your phone stays on the base while charging.