The first iPhone was remembered this past week. Now, the attention shifts to the next Apple handset, which could be unveiled in as little as eight weeks. Here’s a look back at the past week in tech.
Well, that’s out of the way.
This past week, we celebrated the 10th anniversary of the first iPhone. Now, attention can finally turn to the arrival of the next models, which should occur in about two months.
- The Original iPhone Doesn’t Exactly Measure Up on its 10th Anniversary
- The iPhone Turns 10: Interesting Facts About This Revolutionary Device
- The First iPhone Reviews: They Weren’t All Puppies and Rainbows
- iPhone 10 Years Later: The iPhone Almost Wasn’t
What’s next. We should be seeing next-generation iPhones announced as early as Tuesday, Sept. 5, although the handsets might not arrive in stores until October.
Other Tech Headlines
Here are five other tech headlines from the past week:
- The First Aftermarket Wireless CarPlay System, Alpine’s iLX-107, Hits the Market
- Apple’s iOS 11: Best New Features, Some Annoyances
- Apple Teams With Hertz to Manage Fleet of Self-Driving Vehicles
- Former Analyst Says AirPods Could Someday Outearn Apple Watch
- The ‘iPhone 8’ May Feature a Faster 10W USB-C Wall Charger
App Store Highlights, Reviews
We also published three new game reviews, including:
We’re starting to update our gift guides as a flurry of new products come on the market. Additionally, watch for new gift guides to arrive in the coming weeks. Among the lists recently updated:
- Great Gifts for the Apple Fan Who Has Everything
- Kitchen Gadgets for Those Who Love to Cook
- The Best Wireless Speakers for Every Type of Environment
Looking for more? Check out these new product reviews: