A Hulu TV tease arrived this week. We also saw the official launch of Pandora Premium. Here’s a look back at the week that was.
Trending March 12-18, 2017
More living room choices coming
This week, Hulu released a teaser of its upcoming over-the-top (OTT) internet television video streaming service. First rumored nearly a year ago, Hulu TV will take on DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, Sling TV, and the recently announced YouTube TV when it launches this spring.
As previously announced, the new Hulu TV service will be priced at under $40 a month for a skinny pack.
Here’s the Hulu TV tease:
Meanwhile, an app developer has spotted the first references to a next-generation Apple TV and tvOS 11 in their logs.
Firi Games is the developer of arcade games including Phoenix HD and Phoenix II. In its developer logs, references to “AppleTV6,2” and “tvOS 11” were recently spotted as connecting to play Phoenix HD. The IP addresses correspond to Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California. The fourth-generation Apple TV is listed as “AppleTV5,3.”
The next Apple TV is like to feature 4K-compatiblity and launch this fall.
A New iPad This Week?
We could see a second-generation 9.7-inch iPad Pro launch this week. The device, which is expected to include little more than a CPU update, could arrive without a press event. If this occurs, we probably won’t see the long-rumored “10.5-inch iPad Pro” arrive until this fall.
Take a look at our complete iPad rumor roundup with more information on this year’s iPads.
Here are some other tech news headlines from the past week:
Around the App Store
Hear the Music
Pandora Premium was officially announced this week. The service, currently available by invitation only, is priced at $9.99 per month. It will take on Spotify and Apple Music.
Looking for a new app to enjoy? Check these out:
- Uber for Photos: Let the Experts Edit Your Images With Mendr
- Get Bewitched by Quirky Charm in the Puzzling Beglitched (review)
- Create and Watch Snapchat-Like Visual Stories on the Fly With Flyr
- Euclidean Lands is a Perfect Mix of Medieval Combat and Puzzle (review)
- You Can Now Send Cyanide and Happiness Emojis and Avatars
- Dance Through the Water in the Beautiful Float (review)
Get the apps:
We’ve added new content to GearAdvice during the past seven days, including:
- The Best Outdoor Speakers that Pack a Punch
- The Olloclip Active Lens Will Up Your iPhone Photography Game
- Philips Hue Introduces New Candle Lights for Your Smart Home
- Print Photos Instantly With Polaroid Snap Touch Camera
Be sure to visit GearAdvice for the latest accessory news, reviews, and deals.
We could see Apple introduce a new 9.7-inch iPad Pro mid-week. We might also see the public launch of iOS 10.3. Stay tuned.