At GDC 2017, some of the hottest new iOS gaming titles were unveiled. We also heard a little bit more about Apple’s growing entertainment plans during the week that was.
Trending Feb. 26 - March 4, 2017
Is Apple about to buy a part of Hollywood?
We’ve heard numerous rumors in recent months that Apple hopes to expand its original programming offerings. This week, the New York Post suggested Apple is about to take its entertainment interests to a new level.
According to the report, Apple recently met with Paramount Pictures and Sony. One executive was “left with the impression that the Cupertino, Calif., company is looking for a transformative acquisition and not just a deal to buy TV shows.”
Said a source, “They are preparing something big.”
So what entertainment company should Apple buy? In a recent Twitter poll, AppAdvice readers have a clear favorite: Netflix, followed by Disney, Sony, and Paramount.
Conflicting rumors about the next iPhone
Apple’s next iPhone is set to begin production earlier than normal. Actually, no, the iPhone 8 won’t even begin production until September, meaning it won’t be arriving in stores until October or November.
Yes, as the calendar turned to March, 2017 iPhone rumors remain all over the place.
Here are some other headlines from the past week in tech:
Around the App Store
A lot of great games were unveiled last week at GDC 2017 in San Francisco, California. Among those we highlighted include:
- The Makers of Botanicula Tease Another Adorable Puzzler
- Bionic Warriors and Comic Creators on Display at GDC
- Kami 2 Will Bring Even More Paper Folding Puzzle Fun
- Master Thief, Rule the Victorian Gas-Lit Underground in Antihero for iOS
- Old Man’s Journey Is a Moody Puzzle Game Made With Heart
- Find Hidden Secrets and Shapeshifting Objects in Vignettes
We continue to grow our new GearAdvice site. Among the new posts this week include:
- The Jaybird Freedom Wireless Headphones Sound Incredible
- Is the TwelveSouth’s RelaxedLeather iPhone Case for You?
WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST TECH STORY OF THE WEEK? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.