Could we see an iPhone X delay? Probably not, although recent news headlines suggest the new handset will be in short supply for a long time. Here’s a quick look at some of the other tech news from the past week.
Top Technology Stories
Sept. 24-30, 2017
Apple will begin accepting orders for the iPhone X on Friday, Oct. 27. Whether most of those first day orders will arrive by launch day, Nov. 3, remains a big question a few weeks out.
The iPhone X’s new TrueDepth camera remains difficult to produce just like its new OLED display. Add in early iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus sales that suggest most are waiting for the iPhone X, it’s clear Apple’s new flagship device will be in short supply for months ahead.
Apple won’t delay the official launch of the iPhone X. However, most buyers probably won’t be receiving their new handsets until long after Nov. 3.
Stay tuned …
Other News Headlines
Here are five other headlines from the past week:
- Sketchy Reddit Post Says Don’t Expect Amazon Prime Video App for Apple TV Until October 26 or Later
- Apple Joins FDA Program Designed to Speed Up Approval of Health Tech
- Bain-Apple Group to Purchase Toshiba’s Memory Chip Business
- Apple Music Now Has More Than 30 Million Subscribers
- Apple’s Hollywood Plans: Make Next ‘Breaking Bad’ or ‘Game of Thrones’
Around the App Store
Hottest Titles & Reviews
We highlighted the hottest apps and games on the App Store in recent days, including:
- Best Apps of the Month for September
- Best Apps of the Week for September 29
- Best New Games For The Week Of September 28th, 2017
We also saw the release of three new reviews:
Awesome Accessories for Your Apple Products
With the final quarter of 2017 upon us, attention has now turned to the upcoming holiday season. Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift or buying something for yourself, we’ve got you covered with our growing list of gadget buyer’s guides, which include the following: