Big Apple news has arrived just as the dog days of August have begun. It looks like we might get a September “iPhone 8” after all.
Big September Ahead
Whether you’re comfortably ensconced at a beach or getting your kids ready for another year of school, the month of August is finally here. As true Apple fans know, this means that we’re just a month away before new products arrive, including the 2017 iPhone lineup.
For months, it looked like the so-called “iPhone 8” would be delayed because of production issues. In recent days, however, most of those concerns seem to have melted away.
You can thank Tim Cook for the renewed optimism that the company’s next flagship device will be available in September. During this week’s quarterly results conference call, the Apple CEO offered words that suggest the iPhone 8 will be available next month, if only in small quantities. Most analysts seem to agree.
Apple could announce 2017 iPhone lineup plus the next-generation Apple Watch as early as Wednesday, Sept. 6.
Other Tech Headlines
Here are five other tech headlines from the past week:
- Designers Take a Closer Look at How iOS 11 Might Look on the ‘iPhone 8’
- New HomePod Firmware Finds Seemingly Confirm 4K Apple TV, LTE Apple Watch
- Second Generation iPhone SE Coming in Early 2018 – Report
- 2018 Emoji Candidates Feature 67 New Creations, Including More Poo
- A Skiing Workout Mode May Eventually Arrive for the Apple Watch
App Store Highlights, Reviews
You should also consider:
- Best Games Of The Month Of July 2017
- These iPhone Keyboards Make Typing More Fun
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with Delicious Dessert Apps
During the past week, we also published three new game reviews, including:
We uncovered some interesting new accessories over the past few days — plus a product recall:
We could see the arrival of iOS 11 beta 5 this week followed closely by the next iOS 11 public beta.