As April begins, we’re getting ever-closer to WWDC 2017, which means new Apple software. Elsewhere, Facebook went after Snapchat with a new feature.
Trending, March 26 - April 1, 2017
Attention Starts to Shift to WWDC
Next Stop: iOS 11
On Monday, March 27, Apple finally released OS 10.3, watchOS 3.2, and tvOS 10.2. Though we’ll probably see a few bug fixes released over the next few weeks, the next big version of iOS no doubt won’t be announced until June 5 at the keynote address for the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC).
We have some ideas what “iOS 11” and other new Apple software should look like, as do others:
Samsung Galaxy S8
Also Making News
Here are some of the other headlines from the past week:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Features AR Technology, No Physical Home Button
- So Much For Internet Privacy – It’s Gone Out the Window
- Comcast is Reportedly Planning its Own Streaming TV Service
- Watch out AT&T, Verizon’s Planning a TV Streaming Service Too
- New iPhone Leak Suggests New Placement for Fingerprint Reader
Around the App Store
The Latest Happenings
Facebook Has a Story to Tell
Facebook went after Snapchat in a big way this week by introducing Facebook Story. The new feature gives you new ways to personalize your photos and videos, as well as more options for sharing your creations.
Here are some other app-related articles from the past week:
Become an iOS expert
- How to Edit Your Uber Pickup Location Even After Booking a Driver
- Block Calls From Spammers and Scammers With Callblock
- Do More Than Before, IFTTT and iOS Calendar Can Now Connect
- Your Apple Address for iCloud Doesn’t Have to Be Permanent
- Get Driving Directions That Skip Toll Roads in iOS Maps
It's Tme to Accessorize
There are a lot of terrific accessories for the iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus. Few, however, are as practical and beneficial as the $20 Griffin iTrip Clip.
Introduced last summer, the iTrip Clip turns any wired pair of headphones into a wireless set. In doing so, it breathes new life into headphones that require a 3.5mm headphone jack, which, of course, the iPhone 7 doesn’t have.
Other accessory headlines worth considering: